The history of Exmouth Camp
The Camp Site for Bristol Children
The Pratt family of Pratshayes Maer Lane were owners of 126 acres of land. From the mid 1920’s the family encouraged camping on specific fields. Bristol school children and Bristol Boys Brigade were annual visitors. On her death in 1959 Miss Pratt bequeathed the land to the National Trust with the wish that camping remain.